This Sweet Chilli Beef Mince is your new weeknight favourite —quick, easy, and absolutely delicious!
Have you ever made a dish accidentally, because you’re trying to clear your pantry, but end up loving it so much that you make it over and over again and buying ingredients SPECIFICALLY to make it? It’s this Sweet Chilli Beef Mince for me!
This is a dish that ticks all the boxes for me —quick, easy, and unbelievably tasty. Whether it’s a busy weeknight or a relaxed weekend, Sweet Chilli Beef Mince is about to become your new favourite go-to dish. Trust me; this one’s a game-changer!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Quick and Easy: This dish takes just 10 minutes to whip up!
- Versatile: I like serving this over rice, but this is such a versatile dish that you can add noodles and pastas to.
- Addictive: Succulent ground beef infused with the aromatic flavours of garlic and onions, kicked up a notch with the perfect blend of delicious, pantry-staple sauces for a tantalizing medley of sweet, savory, and a hint of heat that’s absolutely addictive!
Here’s the lowdown on what you’ll need to create this flavour-packed masterpiece:
- Ground Beef: I like using ground beef because it has a lot of flavour by itself. The dish can also work with other ground proteins of choice, such as chicken or tofu!
- Garlic & Onions: These aromatic wonders bring depth and richness to the dish.
- Sweet Chilli Sauce: I used Thai Chilli Sauce, but regular chilli sauce will work too since it’s always a touch sweeter.
- Sambal (or Sriracha): Spice enthusiasts, this one’s for you! Sambal adds that delightful kick. A touch of rich and spicy sambal will add a gorgeous kick to the dish. If you don’t have sambal, you can easily replace with sriracha, chilli oil or harissa. If you want to make your own versatile sambal, I have a recipe here!
- Oyster Sauce: Enhancing the savoury notes and giving it that irresistible umami kick.
- Kicap Manis (kecap manis) or Dark Sweet Soy Sauce: This sweet soy sauce adds a beautiful depth of flavour and umami. You can replace with Chinese dark soy sauce.
How to Make Sweet Chilli Beef Mince
1. Brown the Beef
Add oil to a skillet or wok and place over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, and cook it until it’s beautifully browned. Break the beef with a spatula as you’re cooking it so you don’t get chunks. I cook the beef first because I want it to be slightly crisp.
2. Sauté Aromatics
Add finely chopped garlic and onions and sauté with the beef until fragrant.
3. Saucy Perfection
Time to add the sauces! Sweet chilli sauce, sambal, oyster sauce, and kecap manis. Stir fry to combine.
4. Simmer & Serve
Add a splash of water to introduce some moisture back to the stir fry, and create a saucier consistency. Add salt and pepper as well, if needed. There’s sodium in the sauces we added earlier, so I never need to.
Let it simmer for 1 minute and turn off the heat. Garnish with chopped cilantro (or other herbs of choice such as basil and spring onions), and serve immediately!
How to Serve Sweet Chilli Beef Mince
There are so many ways to serve this Sweet Chilli Beef Mince! My favourite way is to serve it hot over rice with salad or vegetable stir fry.
- Stir Fried with Noodles: Toss in noodles, some spinach and give a quick stir to combine for a quick plate of noodles.
- Stir Fried with Pasta: Toss in cooked pasta, a couple splashes of pasta water and you have yourself a quick pasta dish.
To make this a more well-rounded meal, serve with vegetables. You can stir fry vegetables straight in the beef mince OR:
- Salad: I always have some meal-prepped raw vegetables to go in the fridge, such as shredded cabbage, cucumbers and carrots.
- Stir Fry: This goes well with a variety of vegetable stir fry! If you need a quick and versatile vegetable stir fry, I have a recipe right here.
TIP! Have a lot of ground beef? Make a big batch of this freezer-friendly recipe and portion. Store in the freezer for instant meals!
More Recipes Like This
Sweet Chilli Beef Mince
300g (10.5 oz) Ground Beef
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons Sweet Chilli Sauce
1 tablespoon Sambal or Sriracha (optional, adjust to taste for spice)*
2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
2 tablespoons Kicap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
1/4 cup Water
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cilantro or Coriander, chopped for garnish
Rice and Salad, to serve
- Brown the Beef: Heat a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of cooking oil. Add the ground beef to the pan. Break it up with a spatula and cook until it’s nicely browned, ensuring there are no large chunks.
- Sauté Aromatics: Push beef to one side of the pan and add the minced garlic and chopped onion. Sauté until fragrant.
- Saucy Goodness: Pour in the sweet chilli sauce, sambal, oyster sauce, and kecap manis. Mix everything thoroughly, allowing the sauces to coat the beef evenly. Season with salt and pepper, if needed, according to your taste preferences.
- Simmer & Garnish: Add water to create a saucier consistency. Allow to simmer for 1 minute, allowing the flavours to meld together and the sauce to slightly thicken. Turn off heat and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve: Spoon the delicious Sweet Chilli Beef Mince over a bed of steamed rice and pair it with a side salad for a complete meal.
- *Sambal can be easily replaced with sriracha, chilli oil or harissa