The travel and food blog for the mostly corporate girl.
Hello! Welcome to this food and recipe blog.
I love cooking as much as I love eating, hence this space. Asian food will always be my jam, and I like a little bit of spice in my life. You might want to check out my Youtube.
As a passionate foodie and culinary explorer, I’ve always been drawn to the tantalising tastes and aromatic delights of Southeast Asian cuisine. Growing up in a vibrant and multicultural Singaporean household, I was fortunate to be surrounded by an array of gorgeous flavours, and the kitchen was the heart of our home.
Here you’ll find lots of Southeast Asian recipes, specifically Singapore, Malaysian, Thai and Indonesian recipes, because you’re all not eating enough of these dope cuisines. I like to experiment and try out new food, so you will have some of those around this space too.
My culinary love story began with my heritage – Malay cuisine. The aromatic spices, aromatic herbs, and bold flavours of Malay dishes have always held a special place in my heart. From the classic rendang to the fiery sambal, I’ve mastered the art of infusing traditional recipes with love and authenticity, just like my Mom and my Grandma did!
If you’re new to Malay cuisine, start here:
- Ayam Masak Merah | Chicken stewed in a savoury tomato base
- The BEST Beef Rendang Recipe
- Rendang Ayam | Classic spicy, dry curry chicken stew
- Sayur Lemak Lodeh | Vegetables stewed in a tasty turmeric soup
- Ayam Masak Lemak Cili Padi | Chicken stewed in a spicy turmeric curry
- Sambal Goreng | Fried tofu, tempe and vegetables stir-fried in a spicy sauce
- Ayam Percik | Aromatic Malaysian-style Grilled Chicken
- Ayam Masak Kicap | Spicy sweet Soy Sauce Chicken
- Mee Rebus | Yellow noodles in a savoury sweet potato gravy
- Sambal Udang | Prawns in a Spicy Gravy
In addition to celebrating authentic recipes, I understand the value of our time in the fast-paced world we live in. Also 80% of the time I refuse to stay in the kitchen for more than an hour, because life. That’s why I’ll also be featuring quick and easy recipes. So, whether you’re a seasoned chef or a busy individual looking to whip up a delicious meal in no time, you’ll find something to suit your culinary needs right here.
Till then, happy cooking and chat soon!