How to make this super easy, quick, cheesy and creamy Alfredo Udon Noodles.
Today we’re making a super easy, quick noodle dish, a lusciously creamy cheesy Alfredo Udon. A little confession – this is basically Alfredo pasta sauce but on udon. I personally think it tastes so much nicer because of the bounce and thickness of the udon noodles.
If you don’t have udon noodles, then use this sauce recipe for your Alfredo pasta. It’s easy to prepare and one of my go-to pasta sauce recipes. I did not add any proteins to this, but chicken or shrimp would go especially well with this sauce. For a vegetarian option, add in mushrooms instead.
- 1 serving of fresh Udon Noodles
- 1 cup of cream
- 2 cloves chopped Garlic
- 1 Thai Bird’s Eye Chilies (optional)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- A handful of chopped Cilantro
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cook Udon noodles. Just boil some water, and slip in the whole cake. Sort of poke and wiggle at it so that the noodles separate. Once it does, you can just take it off the water.
- In a pan over low heat, add in one tablespoon of butter.
- Once the butter melts, add in garlic and Thai bird’s eye chilli. Any chilli available to you will do, but if you don’t want spice don’t add it in. I find the spice really helps to cut out the heaviness of the sauce.
- Once you can smell the garlic, go ahead and add in the cream. Gently stir in with the garlic butter.
- Once the cream is heated through, or when you see the cream bubbling, add in the cheese. Add the cheese in batches, just so it’s easier to get them all to melt.
- Season with some and pepper. Most cheeses have salt, so taste the sauce before seasoning to see how much salt you actually need.
- Add cilantro.
- Finally, slide in the udon noodles. Stir that in with the sauce.