This Beef and Broccoli Pasta Noodles is an easy, pasta take on the classic take-out stir fry.
Beef and Broccoli is one of those Chinese-American stir fry dishes. I don’t think I’ve ever see it in menus in our local Chinese restaurants! Since I had some beef and broccoli to use up, I decided to visit this recipe, but turn it into this Beef and Broccoli Pasta Noodles for an easy one-pan meal.
What Noodles to Use for Beef and Broccoli Noodles?
I used wholemeal spaghetti, which is why my pasta is a darker shade. You can use any regular spaghetti, or even other pasta of choice. Long strands will work better for this.
You can also use lo mein or hokkien noodles for this.
What Cut of Beef to Use?
I used flank, sliced thinly in strips and against the grain. Striploin will also work great for this. These cuts are affordable but will still give you good beefy flavours. I would not use any tough cuts of meat, or those meant for stews.
Remove any muscle fibers (those are the sinewy white bits running along the beef.
If you notice I did not season my beef beforehand; I personally think there is no need! It makes this dish a lot more fuss-free for sure.
How to Cook Broccoli for Beef and Broccoli Noodles?
In this recipe, I tossed my broccoli in with my pasta noodles at the last minute to give it a quick blanch. The one-minute blanch refreshes the broccoli so it is tender but there’s still a nice firmness to it. If you prefer a softer broccoli, then simply add it in earlier. If you prefer a crunchier broccoli however, skip this step and toss it straight in in the stir fry.
In case you’re wondering if the broccoli will get a starchy film, no worries! It doesn’t matter here. When you toss it in the stir fry later on, it melds well with the sauce.
More Recipes Like This:
If you love this recipe, you might love any of these:
Don’t feel like any of this? I have so many noodle dishes!
Beef and Broccoli Pasta NoodlesCourse: Recipes
2 servings (200g) wholemeal spaghetti (or hokkien / lo mein noodles)
1 cup broccoli
200g beef, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic
1 tsp ginger, minced
garnish with sesame seeds + spring onions
- Seasoning Sauce
2 tbsps light soy sauce
2 tbsps oyster sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp honey
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cornstarch
- Cook pasta or noodles according to packet instructions. At the last minute, toss in broccoli (skip if you prefer a crunchy broccoli). Drain everything and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Add oil to pan, and add beef strips. Allow to cook and brown.
- Add minced ginger and garlic and stir fry with the beef until fragrant.
- Add the seasoning sauce next and stir fry with the beef. Deglaze the pan by scraping the bottom of the pan to combine all that delicious, charry beef with the sauce.
- Add in the cooked pasta noodles and broccoli next. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds.